The old drawing-room and dining-room lie on the village side of the property, with a front entrance hall opening onto lavender borders. But now that you enter the property from the side, you immediately walk into the fabulous contemporary kitchen-cum-living-room. This is a superb space for relaxed cooking, cleverly designed for the cooks to be included in the social space, for small children to play on the wide wooden floor, or for a family party to gather in spacious comfort. Huge floor to ceiling windows open out onto the garden, so that you can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine, watch your children play or dash out for fresh herbs for the pot.
The formal dining room has a magnificent dining table which sits 12 and crystal chandeliers making a wonderful place for a special meal, or a quiet, warm place for study. The excellent local restaurant Cider Barn offers a variety of options if you would like to be catered for. A hostess trolley helps keep dishes warm whoever is cooking.
A pretty downstairs double bedroom, once the original porch, leads off the main space, with a luxurious large shower room with loo and double handbasin attached.
Upstairs there are 6 bedrooms, all of which are interesting and delightful, from the grand, oak paneled master bedroom with four poster to the narrow wig room with pretty Victorian bedstead and etchings to the charming 'Goldilocks' bedroom with three brightly coloured beds and view of Tudor cottages. All beds are full length. There's a family bathroom with gorgeous roll top bath and enclosed shower, loo and double handbasin in the North wing, and two 'pod' bathrooms cleverly added into the sixteenth century roof structure, one with shower and loo, the other with bath and loo on the opposite side. You can see the layout of all bedrooms in the ground and first floor plans.
The garden has a large sheltered lawn, trees and shrubs, a trampoline and pretty beds as well as off-road parking for 2 to 3 cars, and is completely enclosed when the gates are shut. There are tables and chairs for eating outside, a charcoal barbecue, badminton set, a working pump fed by an underground well and a little brick privy no longer in use! The table tennis room and barn for storing bikes and outdoor equipment is accessed from the garden and connected by intercom with the main house.
- 7 bedrooms - Ground floor, 1 double en suite. Upstairs 3 doubles including the master bedroom, 1 triple room and 2 singles (1 of these, the wig room, has a narrow door and extra long (7') bed). The larger single has an airbed to give more flexible sleeping
- 4 bathrooms and 1 separate loo and cloakroom
- 4 wood burning stoves - a basket of logs is included for each. More can be bought from the village shop
- Underfloor heating in kitchen and open plan living area
- Baby grand piano
- Table tennis, trampoline, badminton
- Charcoal barbecue
- Rayburn and Neff ovens, induction hob, microwave. Exceptionally well equipped kitchen.
- Laundry room, walk-in larder with freezer
- Wifi in all reception and bedrooms
- TV, bluray player, catch-up TV in sitting room
- Microhifi system with Bluetooth, CD player and radio in open plan living area